Homeopathy is one of the best ways to combat PCOS because it does not have any side effects. Since women who are suffering from PCOS are already combatting a change in hormones which has led to hormonal misbalance, there is a chance that their body may not react as expected to allopathy and it may lead to side effects. On the other hand, homeopathy is effective in treating the disease right from the root and alleviating the symptoms of PCOS as well.
PCOS, short for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, is a health condition among women where the hormones are not in balance. This disease can create problems with monthly periods and it is also difficult for women suffering from this problem to conceive. Because it affects the production of hormones in the body, PCOS is often associated with bringing changes in your looks as well. When not treated in a timely manner, PCOS can grow worse and it may become the cause of heart diseases or diabetes as well.
Symptoms and Signs of PCOS
Usually, women notice very slight changes and the symptoms are mild in the beginning, but they gradually change and become more pronounced when not treated in time. Some of the most common symptoms of PCOS are:
Leading a healthy life and exercising properly play an important role in the treatment of PCOS. Women who lead a healthy lifestyle will find it easier to combat PCOS than those who rely on medicines only. When you begin to notice any of these symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor immediately so that you can start the treatment as soon as possible because PCOS is best treated in the early stages.
- Sudden weight gain where the person is unable to lose weight again.
- Excessive facial hair and even a substantial amount of hair growth in the rest of the parts of the body like the chest, belly and the back.
- Gradual loss of hair which leads to thinning hair.
- Some women suffering from PCOS have less than nine periods in a year. A few have even reported no periods at all, while some women suffer from excessive bleeding. The change in hormones usually affects the period cycles leading to such consequences.
- A lot of women who have PCOS have problems conceiving. It is best to treat it immediately to ensure that they can conceive in the future.
- The misbalance of hormones is also known to cause depression in some women.
A lot of research is still being conducted to understand the reasons behind PCOS. It is not completely understood what causes this disease. At this time, it is primarily seen as a problem that may run in the family. This is why family history is considered important during the diagnosis of PCOS.
The diagnosis will include ultrasounds, and hormonal blood tests to identify the areas which have been affected by the disease.